For myself, fashion is a very important aspect of my life that I am truly passionate about. To some, fashion is not a priority – not saying that fashion consumes my life, or that I base my self-worth on whether or not I am updated on my styles. Personally, fashion means more to me than just clothing or articles of material that we place on our body – it is a form of art.
Fashion goes much deeper than what most people think, in fact, it allows you to get in touch with your creative side. The thing I love the most about fashion, other than shopping and finding inspiration, is the act of putting together an outfit. Whether you are feeling inspired from that girl you saw walking down the street or off of Vogue magazine, putting together an outfit is a work of art.
Another aspect about fashion that I enjoy is watching how others pair and utilize current trends in order to suite their style. The greatest thing is that everyone has their own unique way of styling their outfits, even if the trends are similar. There are a million ways for individuals to personalize their outfits, even if they are incorporating the same trends or pieces.
Styling and fashion is much more complicated than one would assume, as it requires an immense amount of creativity and an understanding for what appeals to the masses. Since it is constantly changing, I find that designers deserve the most respect as they construct pieces every season, incorporating new trends, ideas. Designers deserve some of the most applause for having the courage to experiment their ideas to the public. Every designer and manufacturer takes their own approach to current trends, often leaving consumers and fashion gurus options to experiment with the trends. They often push the boundaries in the hopes that people will catch onto the trend. Fashion leaves me wondering what is the next big trend that will catch on, and this is something that always keeps me on my toes. Not to mention, high-end, couture, extravagant pieces are some of the most eye-catching and beautiful works of art that are often mind-blowing.
Even long-lasting trends are great and interesting to observe, as designers and manufacturers begin adapting and updating the trends. Trends from the 20s-90s have consistently stayed relevant in our society, but as mentioned before, fashion is always adapting and changing. Fashion is about incorporating new, fresh trends to the market, all while incorporating trends from the past.
To me, fashion is a way for me to express myself and my personality. The creative aspect and the beauty behind fashion will always keep me captivated.
I encourage you to take a look into the beautiful, complex, and wonderful industry of fashion. It may blow your mind!
When Curious George and Dora the Explorer are your secret spirit animals, do not be ashamed. The power of curiosity is incredibly powerful, and help shape the person we are and the experiences we go through.
Curiosity does have its downfalls, however, it should not be looked upon as frowned upon. In order for us to know and understand the world, it is important to be curious. Being curious can get us in trouble from time to time, when it is utilized as a scenarios where it is not necessary. With that said, sometimes ignorance is bliss. So, setting boundaries with your curiosity is something that should be taken into consideration.
On a positive note, curiosity and a willingness to explore the world we live in is mostly seen as a positive personality trait. This curiousness that everyone experiences to a certain level allows us to do so much.
Curiosity allows for a craving to learn, which is always viewed as positive. This kind of learning goes beyond textbooks and what we learn, and may sometimes push us to want to actually experience what is unknown to us. In some aspects, our curiosity makes us more knowledgeable.
Traveling is one way your curiosity can be utilized positively. Often, individuals find themselves utilizing their curiosity to learn about the cultures of other nations, explore different parts of the regions, leading to a higher level of cultural awareness. It almost is one of the most motivating factors that dictate our decision-making process.
Among many things, curiosity is something that we all universally feel as human beings and makes us all united. What you are curious about is unique to everyone, but how we go about our curiosity is what sets us apart. However, curiosity is motivating and a beautiful thing.
I, myself, am a very curious person. I truly experience curiosity on a daily basis, as I am always trying to learn and experience everything that I can possible. My curiosity has helped me expand my learning beyond what I am taught in school, and has become one of the most motivating traits that I have attained.
Though society does not highlight the importance of the quality of curiosity, it is something that should be celebrated frequently. As it seems, society has undermined curiosity and placed limitations on the idea of curiosity. The reason is yet not quite understood, as we should all be able to explore our curiosity. If it were at all possible, every one in our entire worldwide community would have access and the ability to explore their curiosity. Though society has placed limitations on this quality, do not let it stop you from attempting to fully embrace that side of you.
Being curious shows a willingness to learn and expand your horizons – these are both positive qualities.
Let your curiosity take over your mind.
These days, we are all trying to find a well-rounded group of pals that we can share our time, secrets and money with. This is easier said than done, seeing that not every person you will encounter in your life will have your best interest at heart, which is heartbreaking to say the least.
There is no step-by-step process to find your true genuine friends, so ultimately, it is up to you to find your tribe, or the people that you find click with you. Your tribe should consist of those you can easily trust, as well as those who are willing to push you and be honest with you.
Who you are attracted to and the qualities you are internally searching for within other people is subjective and unique to everyone. Similarly, you will not enjoy every one you will encounter, however, this process of encountering a variety of people will help you identify the qualities and kinds of people you are attracted to. Of course, other elements, such as the environment you grew up in, the people you were around when you grew up, and your experiences will shape your distinctive selection process.
It is not easy to find your squad, to say the least. Sometimes, even the people you think are apart of your squad, may end up not being the people you initially anticipated, making this a heart-breaking and painful process sometimes.
There is no secret to finding your squad, but keeping it real and staying true to who you are and what you believe in are definitely good strategies when you are trying to find your true group of friends. Do not try to change the person or morals that you believe in just to force a friendship, I assure you that this will not lead to a long-lasting, genuine friendship.
A healthy, long-lasting friendship means allowing your friends space to grow and experience, being attentive, being honest, being kind, admitting when you are wrong, and challenging them when you know that they can do better. Also, a healthy relationship consists of stability and consistency, and in order to keep anything, including your car running, you need to upkeep it and make sure you are taking time and care to make sure it does not die out on you. Nothing in your life will ever be perfect, including your friendships, but without any bumps on the road, how do you expect your friendship to grow, mature, and continue blossoming into a stronger bond. With that said, a “forever friend” is willing to stick through even those hard times, when nothing seems to be going your way and you just feel stuck. Despite your bad attitudes, snippy behavior, and sometimes reckless behavior, the members of your squad are willing to set that aside just to spend time with you, take care of you, and continue making memories.
Your tribe does not need to consist of the largest amount of people possible, in fact, a smaller, and tight-knit group is just as desirable. At the end of the day, the number of people you keep in your circle will not matter if you are truly content. The feeling of having a solid support system to be able to lean in trumps all feelings of wanting to have the largest social circle you can possibly acquire. This does not mean that your tribe can not or will not grow, as you continue growing, learning and living. It just means that the void of craving unnecessary attention and acceptance from others will be nonexistence, as you begin to realize that your happiness is simply not based on that.
Always remember that you, yourself are your best friend, and as a result, the company that you keep reflects the kind of person you are. Naturally, I would recommend keeping GREAT company. Ask yourself if you are truly happy with who you are, and who you are surrounding yourself with. Sometimes, as we go through the motions of life, we grow apart or slowly begin to become dissimilar to those who we have kept closely, and that is okay. It just means that you are living and growing, and when we are living and we are growing, we are allowed to grow, change, adapt, and adjust according to what we are currently dealing with and growing from. As a result, as we are growing through the processes of life, it is only natural that not every single individual we spend time with is going to be willing to stick around. Sometimes, this is just because of distance, difficult times, lack of communication or understanding, toxicity, or other simple things. This is something that you should not take personally, as most of the people we encounter will not be permanent placeholds in your life.
The important thing is to take a look around you, and appreciate those who have been supportive and endlessly loving towards you, even those who may not be your “forever” friends. As you continue living, growing, learning, and breathing, you will find your best b****es, and you will love every second of it. Try to exude your true self, engage in activities you enjoy, and value the company that you keep. As you begin your journey to exuding your genuine self and qualities, you will naturally begin attracting, or keeping, those who may share the attractive qualities that you seek in others. Do remember that not everyone in your squad has to be the same, in fact, the differences among each of your closest pals is something that you should cherish. A great squad learns from one another and helps one another grow, learn, and succeed.
If you’re a bird, they’re also birds, if you get what I am saying. Squad, squad, squad.
With school just around the corner, every one is trying to look their best, all while keeping up with the latest fashion trends. This back-to-school season features sporty, playful trends that also incorporate comfort, as well. DRESS FOR SUCCESS THIS YEAR.
- Overalls – Overalls have been an ongoing trend throughout the last year, and it is still going strong. Long or short, or skirt or shorts, overalls are a fun, comfortable trend that is flattering for everyone. Pair it with a cute bralette or crop top during the hotter days, and warmer, long-sleeve tops during the winter. Overalls are very versatile, suiting the needs of most. Overalls are also a great option for class, as they are comfortable and an easy ensemble to put together.
- Mini Backpacks – Smaller, more chic backpacks are in style this season. It seems like this season the smaller, the better. This is an awesome, comfier alternative to lugging around a massive bag. The mini backpack trend is following the minimalist trend that is currently relevant, not to mention, it is a cute, sporty way to transport your goods.
- Stripes – Patterns are making a comeback this season, especially stripes. While stars and gingham are making a comeback as well, stripes are the front runners for this season. You can find striped rompers, jumpsuits, crop tops, pants – anything goes. This trend is a bit preppier, but it is appealing and a slimming pattern that can help you achieve a very chic, and updated look.
- Off-The-Shoulder – Off-the-shoulder tops offer a alternative to the regular blouses that we come across on a day-to-day basis. The off-the-shoulder detail is playful and fun, and is easily dressed up or down. Pair it with your favorite pair of jeans or a pair of shorts to create an effortless, bohemian look. While this trend may be considered more of a summer trend, off-the-shoulder tops can easily be transitioned into fall and winter pieces as well.
- Lace-Up Tops – Lace-up tops have been a cool, grungier trend that has come about recently and has been killing the market recently. The lace-up detail is another play on basic tops and sweaters. You can find lace-up attire in just about any piece of clothing, including dresses, t-shirts, sweaters, hoodies, etc. If you are trying to evoke a cooler vibe, lace-up tops are right up your alley.
- Denim – DENIM IS ALWAYS ESSENTIAL. A few good pair of jeans, whether they are high-waisted, mid-rise, boyfriend, or girlfriend style jeans, are necessary for your wardrobe. Distressed denim, high-waisted denim, and boyfriend style denim are quite popular this season and a fun twist to a basic pair of jeans. You do not need to invest in a pair of Levi’s, but a comfortable pair of jeans that you can swap out every once in a while is essential. DO NOT FORGET YOUR DENIM JACKET EITHER. Denim jackets are also an essential this season, as we transition into fall. Denim jackets are great for layering and are something easy to throw over just about any outfit. A fun idea to spruce up your denim is incorporating patches onto your denim and personalizing it with your own accessories. DENIM. DENIM. DENIM.
- Florals – Floral has become one of the statement trends this season for women. Florals are a more girlier trend, but do not be afraid to try it this season. You can find florals on just about anything, including sweaters, sheer tops, bodysuits, jumpsuits, leggings, pants, etc. This season both bold and subtle floral prints are in, as well as dark floral prints and light floral prints. Do not be afraid to experiment with the variations of floral that you come across.
- Jumpsuits – Jumpsuits are comfortable, which is a plus especially when you are shopping around for clothes to wear to class. You want to be comfortable during school, and if you are trying to achieve an effortless, chic look, all while feeling comfortable, jumpsuits are the way to go. Jumpsuits are available in basic colors or patterns, and are also available in flowy or more fitted styles. On the hotter days, a nice loose-fitting, jumpsuit is the perfect solution to staying cool, all while looking cool.
- Baseball Caps – Invest in one for the school season. You can kill two birds with one stone – protection from the sun, and a cool, sporty look. Retailers everywhere are flooding with baseball caps of all colors, sizes, styles, and materials. Find something that suites your style. Baseball caps are timeless and necessary in your wardrobe anyways. Outside of school, you can wear them hiking, shopping, studying, tanning, etc. Never turn down an excuse for protection from those UV rays.
- Sneakers – Adidas, Puma, Nike, Vans, and Reebok have all made an epic comeback, with the return of the sporty theme that is occurring this season. Fortunately for us, comfort is in this season. Invest in a pair of sneaks that appeal to your liking, and pair it with just about anything. There are so many styles for every one to try, and sneakers come in just about any color. It’s a guarantee that you will find something that suites your needs and styles. Walk to class in style and comfort with a great pair of sneakers.
- Bomber Jackets – For the cooler seasons, warm yourself up with a classic bomber jacket. Once again, bomber jackets fall under the sporty category. As bomber jackets serve as a fairly timeless piece of outerwear, they come in just about every color and in every material. Patterned bomber jackets are also quite popular this season, and if you would like to incorporate two trends into one, try a floral bomber jacket this back-to-school season. Bomber jackets will give you a cool and edgy look to your outfit, and are definitely a must-have.
Obviously, leggings, large t-shirts, running shorts, and a good variety of hoodies are also essentials that you should keep in your wardrobe. They are comfortable, and on those days when you are really feeling the stress, comfort is everything.